Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Conferencing Center installation problem (Error 1609)

Status
Not open for further replies.

tatol75

Technical User
Feb 27, 2003
PL
Hi!

I am trying to install Conferencing Center (V3.2.22) on Windows 2003 Server. I'm getting "Error 1609: An error occurred while applying security settings. ASP.NET is not a valid user or group. This could be a problem with the package, or a problem connecting to a domain controller on the network. Check your network connection and click Retry or Cancel to end the install." In documentation is writing, that I must check whether there is an installed .NET 1.1. The .NET 1.1 is installed becouse it is a part of Windows 2003 Server. How to remove this .NET 1.1 from the system? I cannot do it around Add/Remove Programs becouse it isn't separated program.

Any ideas?

The installation instructions for that app have a installation troubleshooting section, in that section that very issue is addressed..

Security Setting Error

Problem:

During the installation of Conferencing Center on a Windows 2003/2004 server, the error message 1609 might show:

Error 1609: An error occurred while applying security settings. ASP.NET is not a valid user or group.

This could be a problem with the package, or a problem connecting to a domain controller on the network.

Check your network connection and click Retry or Cancel to end the install.

Possible Solution:

This is problem with ASP.NET. To resolve the problem:

1. Check if .NET1.1 is installed. If it is, remove it.

2. Start installing Conference Server again, so that .NET is installed from the Conferencing Center CD.

3. When prompted to install the Conference Server, press Cancel.

4. Re-boot the server and check that the ASP.NET user is present.

ACA - Implement IP Office
ACS - Implement IP Office
ACSS - SMEC (IP Office)
Juniper - JNCIA-FWV
Convergence+

You cant remove .net 1.1 so what you need to do is install .net 2.0,3.0 or 3.5 sp1 etc... this will create the missing user and allow you to finish the install.

ACA - Implement IP Office
ACS - Implement IP Office
ACSS - SMEC (IP Office)
Juniper - JNCIA-FWV
Convergence+

Installing later .Net versions can cause an issue with the web interface for conference booking.

Follow the troubleshoot and it will fic the issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back