Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Conference scheduling on R9.1 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

ayking

IS-IT--Management
Nov 29, 2005
CA
Hi,

Anyone has more information or experience with the conference scheduling in UCM on R9.1, other than the limited text in the R9.1 release notes? Currently on 9.0.4 but am interested in 9.1 if the scheduling works.

Thanks a lot.

I have a VM instead of UCM but....

It's working for me. It calls all the parties. It will send emails to everyone if you have the SMTP settings configured in one-x. I switched my one-x to App Server so I could do web collaboration too. That also is working.

I found a bug on my install related to entering a pin, it is supposed to ask the people to enter the conference PIN number but the module "REQUESTPIN" doesn't exist on VMPro so it just tells you how many voicemails you have (like dialing *17). I found that that was a bug in the beta that was supposedly fixed, but it ain't working for me and so far no one has commented on my questions about it. Next step will be to open a ticket for one of my customers on the subject.

Some noticed aspects:
1. Minimum 15 minutes in length.
2. During those 15 minutes your Meet-Me conference is dedicated to this purpose.
3. The email that comes is supposed to be an event to add to a calendar. That isn't working in Outlook (wonder if it is an outlook setting), worked but looks awful in Thunderbird/lightning.
4. The Outlook plugin version is better than the web interface version. (1 minute increments when scheduling for starters)

Rechard is web collaboration only available with the App server

Web collaboration is only available on the Linux apps server or server edition.
Linux only!

BAZINGA!

I'm not insane, my mother had me tested!

As Peter said, yes, Linux only.

You will also find Web Collaboration much easier for end users if you get a certificate signed by a CA already in people's browsers (or install the CA that your installation creates on everyone's system, yuck). Thankfully that's not too hard to install. If you don't you will have struggles with java for the average user.

I would like to see an option to decide whether IPO will call all the participants or if they have to dial in themselves. But I think I heard that it could be added as an option in one of the next SPs.

Another thing would be to move some parts of 1XP (XMPP Federation, Web collaboration) into another machine located in a DMZ. It is not the best option to make 1XP reachable from public Internet.

To follow Avaya's ways they should at least enhance ASBCE to act as service proxy.

But it would be much better to offer a fifth option at server edition Ignition. Besides primary, secondary, expansion and AppServer they could let us choose to make it a services proxy that only communicates with 1XP through a single dedicated port.

I think I will open a GRIP to see it being declined after one year without any real argument...

Thanks a lot. Since we are on UCM we won't be able to take advantage of web collaboration, but I think I'll go ahead with the upgrade from 9.0.4 to 9.1 to take advantage of this scheduling as this is one of the most requested features from users.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back