Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Conference Phones for Merlin Legend

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 8, 2003
US

I can't seem to find any Polycom type conference phones designed to work with our old Merlin Legend system.

The polycoms themselves all say that it requires an analog line. while we can always have a phone line put in for it, it would be nice to have the conference phone on an a merlin extension

Our merlin legend system has a few analog cards as well as a few MLX cards. Would a polycom work if used with one of the analog ports or can you only use analog phones designed for the system?

Any ideas?

thanks!

go for it they work on analog T&R stations module 012 or 016

Thanks. I think the cards I referred to as analog are actually ATL cards rather than basic analog modules.

How difficult would it be to install a basic module in place of an extra MLX module?

it depends where the module are in the system ,it's funny when merlin 11 came along the bis phones were call analog , where before they were called Hybirds i still ket confused, so i still call single line set analog your next option may be if you have a mlx set in your conf room to go with an MFM adapter or if you have a ATL ,w GPA
adapter but its a lot cleaner with a single line port

Yeah, I started calling the ATL phones analog in an attempt to make users at location understand that they shouldn't plug ATL sets into digital MLX outlets or vice versa.

The adapters are kind of klugy so I'm trying to avoid them.

The location has two carriers/two power supplies or one big carrier split by two power supplies depending on how you look at it.

The processor and all the phone modules in use, both ATL and MLX,are in the first carrier/first half, then there is the 2nd power supply followed by bunch of unused MLX modules with merlin mail module in last slot at right.

first do a printout of EXT Directory so you can see the change, before & after if you replace a 008 mlx Module with a 012 w/ring gen you are adding 4 more stations before your merlin mail .is this a MLM 007 or Merlin Messaging ? how many mail ports ? because this will change your stations in your mail calling group, plus you will have to do a board renumber after the swap for the system to see the new module

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back