Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Conference Phone on Norstar DR5

Status
Not open for further replies.

kliest

Technical User
Mar 30, 2006
US
We are looking to buy a conference phone for the conference room. I was thinking of the Panasonic KX-TS730S. It got good reviews and seems to be able to handle the amount of space I need to cover.

BUT, I want to make sure this system is compatible with our Norstar DR5 system.

Is there any issue using this phone with our system that anyone can see?

Thanks in advance.
KD

I like Polycom myself

They make digital ones for Norstar as well as analog.

You need a Norstar ATA if you go with an analog device.

I looked at the Polycom and saw too many reviews saying the sound quality was not very good. I know from past experience that the Polycoms are good products but people tend to have to gather around the microphone to be heard. I am hoping that Panasonic lives up to its claim of better microphones, and the reviews I have seen seem to confirm it.
But it is a digital phone..so I am hoping there is no compatibility issues.

Thanks again.

You will need to ask Panasonic if it is compatible.

I doubt a competitor would do that but anything is possible.
Otherwise you need a Norstar digital Polycom or any analog.

Polycom is better with sound these days.
they also have a unit that allows for external mics fit 10' of cord I think.

It isn't gonna work. You need an analog device or a Polcomm Norstar digital. They make a wireless Polycom that works pretty good and can be moved from office to office.

maybe 2 or 3 for some of these...i tell you guys i wish that this forum was around when I was 1st learning Nortel cause alot of people are getting excellent support for FREE I didn't have it this good.

I personally wouldn't go with the Panasonic for one you have a Nortel System so you should stick w a Nortel product so like Dewey recommened the Nortel Norstar Conf. Unit that too is what I would get. I have these installed at many locations and have had no issues/complaints from my customers so just throwing my 2 cents out there, take a look and see what you think. I have no idea what the Panasonic was price wise but as I recall the Nortel is around $500 and I'm sure they have some refurbs even cheaper. The part number is (NTAB2666) hope this helped out some...good luck

Thanks for the help.
We got a Norstar Conference Audio Unit for $500 new.
It seems to work pretty well. The microphones have indeed improved as I can hear and be heard from anywhere in our 25X10 conference room.

Thanks for the help. Its always best to seek out those who know more than you in matters like this.

kd

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back