Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Conference line stuck open...

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikevogt

IS-IT--Management
Aug 29, 2005
US
I searched on this and found nothing like this (terminology is difficult, so that may be the problem). A Conference Meet Me extension is stuck open with a long distance number. How can I kill that conference meet me line???

Thanks!

Not sure what SSA is?

I managed to take care of it. What I did was add ad DROP button to my phone through IP Office Manager, dialed into the conference call, hit the Drop button, chose the number on my display and the cooresponding button to drop. That did it!

Wow, that was not good! I guess that's another thing to add to my plate, keeping track of open lines on our system with the CallStatus utility.

Thanks for your reply Tom! I appreciate it.

It's a 403 running 2.1(15). I've never heard of SSA...

You wouldn't have, that system is about 5 years away from when it was introduced :)

ACS - IP Office Implement

"What the Crocodile Hat....was that?

Also it's not backward compatible unfortunatly (below 4.0) :)

ACS - IP Office Implement

"What the Crocodile Hat....was that?

I'm pushing for a new system for the company... maybe next fiscal year :)

Thanks for the info! I appreciate it!

Is that "conference Meet Me" extension a conference phone only used for conferencing?
then consider to add a shortcode in the user settings limiting the duration of the call to lets say one hour max.
The shortcode is the something like thtis:
SC = 9N;
TN = Nt60
Action = Dial
Line ID = 0

The t60 does the trick, any call initiated by this user is dropped after exactly sixty minutes.

It's not a phone, just a conference meet me code that anybody can use to ad hoc conference. Would this still work or is there another option to prevent calls from getting stuck for long periods of time?

Thanks!
Mike

Neve tried but you can try to add the t60 option to your conference meet me shortcode, start with a time of one minute and initiate a conference to see what happens.
Another option is ( if yo know there will be a conference ) to start PhoneManager Lite and CallStatus on a PC, with CallStatus you can "steal" a call from any extension and then you can disconnect it with PhoneManager.
I have done that a lot in the past using a dialin connection as this version of IP Office software tends to have issues like calls not being disconnected or phones not releasing a line after a call.

Interesting. I will give it a shot. Thanks for the direction!

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back