Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Conference Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

subx

Technical User
Mar 10, 2004
DE
Hi there,

I have a customer that just recently experienced a problem about a conference call. The customer created a confernce call with two external users. During the conference call they could also hear another internal user that has not been part of this conference. This internal user has been not able to hear the conference but all 3 conference member could hear that user that has not been part of that conference. They all used I1140 and the system is Rel 5.5 .. so anybody heard about something like that or has any glue how to avoid that?

cheers,

subx

cross talk usually dissapaites on its own, I've never heard a good answer for it. Can you duplicate it? If so, then you would need to press on. Test all your virtual conf/tds, reboot MGC maybe....

Mato' Was'aka

I'm sorry but we cant duplicate this issue... But its a critical error since this customer has sensitive conference calls :( I just dont know where to start and what I can do to fix this issue....

Here's what many people do, and it is quite effective:

"We found a bad Framus card and replaced it so the problem should never happen again"

~~~
[small] [©] GHTROUT.com [⇔] A Variety of Free Resources for Nortel Meridian/CS1000 System Administrators [/small]

Or you could say "We replaced the diode mechanism which should correct the issue but let us know if the problem persists". LOL

Kidding aside, has the problem only been reported once or is it happening frequently?

War Eagle!
Lions Baseball '09!

Its only reported once but very serious at all....

I guess one of the suggestions will do... but I'm still scared that this issue will come up again...

cheers,

subx

I've never heard of that issue but you need to verify the latest Deplist for 5.5 on your processor type. The latest PEPs fix weird issues like that.

War Eagle!
Lions Baseball '09!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back