Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Conference - Chair Joining 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnhyde

Technical User
Oct 15, 2013
GB
Hi

I have seen various post regarding conference chair/host, announcing name, conference start only when chair joins.

Is there an option that the chair can join/start the conference from any extension? Our customer want to be able to start the conference from any meeting room that free, yes hot desking is an option, but from a conference phone (B149 etc) it far more difficult and fiddly to do.

Ideally what we would like is the chair to have a different pin that can work from any phone and the conference only start when they join.

Just wondering if this is possible and any pointers to how to set the chair can dial from any phone and start the conference.

Thanks

Depends on how the conference system is set up. The one I use has a call in number for the public and an internal short code. That reaches a VM Pro module that requests participants to dial the bridge number (extension number of the moderator) but the moderator logs in by dialing ** instead, then inputs their extension number and PIN. When the moderator is joined the conference is taken off of hold and everyone can talk

For what you want, as TTT stated, you would want to do conference meet me and use the user's extension. This makes that user the owner of the conference, others can join before the owner, and the conference begins once the owner joins. You can even set a pin for each user (there is a FAQ on this site explaining this part). For sure need voicemail pro to do it though.

The truth is just an excuse for lack of imagination.

But I thought that if you used the user ext only that ext could host the conference, meaning only by call into the conf from that ext will the conf be opened.
Mike

The key is the Moderator is transferred to the Conference Meet Me short code with their extension number in the "Source of transfer" field on the Specific tab.

TransferModerator_hbg6al.jpg

Any chance I can have a copy of your module :)

This was designed by Kyle Holladay, called "Standard Base Configuration" - Kyle has sadly passed, but you can find a mirror of his site here

Hi does anyone know how I could get this module to work by dialing directly from outside? Thanks in advance.

I'm trying to adapt this set up to an actual IPO using *66*N#

I'm not able to make the moderator part work from the outside.
The PIN check works well but when I transfer the call to *66*N# with the Bridge ID as source number I get placed on hold instead of starting the conference.
Anyone achieved to do this ?

This is how I got it to work. I used the new Default module. Note the new $CP0 entries in Moderator.
Capture_tek_hw7tni.jpg

Yes ! I have combined the old Kyle Holladay design with the new one to have a moderator access using a PIN access !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back