Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Conference Call Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

sjforcum

Technical User
Jul 15, 2002
US
Hi All,

Pulling my hair out trying to find where this is set...

Situation:

Customer creates a conference call on their phone. If they hang up while the conference call is in progress, the call is dropped.

I've explained the reasoning for this (Toll Fraud) however they still wish to have this disabled. I know it's possible because the switch in my office does this...I just can't seem to recall where it's set.

TIA,
SJF

Did you try to change disconnect supervision in the trunk group?

If that doesn't work you could try putting the conference on Conference Hold and then they can safely hang up. Just have the user press conf, then hold, and they can hang up without disconnecting the conf.

this works on my definity this way so hopefully it will help you.

It happens on internal only conferences as well, so the trunk group issue isn't in play.

With regards to the work around, if they get put on hold, they'll hear MOH...which wouldn't be too pleasant :)

Thanks for the thoughts though!

For call involving external trunks the feature is Trunk-to-Trunk Transfer. There are settings in the Systems Features screens that block, allow, or allow by COS.

For internal calls, when the controlling party hangs up the call is dropped.

Kevin

Kevin,

I tested this on my switch in the office and built a conference call with three internal parties. When the organizer dropped the call, the call persists.

And at the customer site, trunk to trunk transfer is set to all (on the system-parameters features) and it still drops. We can perform a trunk to trunk transfer however.

I just tried it here. i put the conf on hold by just pressing conf and hung up. they could still talk, didn't hear music, and they stayed on the bridge till they hung up - just a minute because we were testing. it worked ok.

But if you don't press the conference button a third time (once to put the first party on hold and call the second, then a second time to bring the two parties together) the call drops?

No the call stayed up and they didn't hear music. They just hung up after a minute. Worked like a charm.

So your switch works like mine...still trying to find where this is set! :)

Thanks,
SJF

I think it's in system-parameters features. On my switch it's page 7 - Conference/Transfer. Check what "Abort Conference Upon Hang-Up" is set to.

- Duaneness

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back