Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Conference Bridge Issues 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

lcsavaya

MIS
Oct 6, 2009
US
Hey All, I have a quick questions about conferencing.

VM Pro 8.1.9302.0
IP Office 500 8.1

We have incoming numbers pointed to VM Conference Menu, asks for Conference ID, then goes Get Conf Password menu, then Test User Variable, then transfer to Bridge.

Only thing is, I will put a pin in and it wont stay, it works for a while, then it changes itself to whatever and I cant seem to figure out why. I have setup *5 in the menu to go to a module to
set the conference password, and it works, and lets me change it. But it doesnt hold it for a long time.

Anyone experience this? I just need simple conference bridged with Pins for people to use when calling in. Any way I can just SET these pins without having a reset pin option, or a variable to test against?

Thanks IN Aadvance

You did do a save and make live right on the voicemail pro server

acss sme acis sme acss cm 5.2.1 acss cm and cmm acss aura messaging.

Yeah, its been in production for some time. It was working fine before, then I did a VM Pro Upgrade and now it isnt working. IM wondering if I need to build it from scratch again.

I've heard of this happening, stored user variables disappearing.

You could either take away the test user varible, and just do a test variable (or whatever it's called now), or get fancy and setup a phantom user for each pin code.
You can use a generic action to set/get the outcalling number, which you can use as a pin code. Those usually stick.

-Austin
ACE: Implement IP Office
qrcode.png

I couldn't get the Test Variable to do it, so i just made it really easy and made the pin a menu number, and then transfer...lol, cheating, but worth it. Now no more issues.

I would like to know how that Test Variable should have looked, I just couldn't get it to work.

Hi Icsavaya.. May I see your module what it looks like..? I have this issue as well and don't know why its pin gone for some time.. I want to try your solution.. =)

What I do is this.
Make a user variable called confpin1000 (for conference 1000). This is where the pin is stored.
After you've typed 1000 for the conference from a menu, you set $CP0 as 1000, then you go to a menu to ask for a pin.
Store the pin as $CP1.
Then do a generic action which sets the $CP2 value with $REG[confpin$CP0].
Then do a test varible and see if $CP2 matches variable $CP1.
If so, transfer to $CP0. If not, do whatever.

-Austin
ACE: Implement IP Office
qrcode.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back