Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Conference Bridge Expansion from 30 to 60 ports

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mankyway

Technical User
Dec 20, 2002
CL
I have a Option 11 with an NT5D51 MICB Card installed giving me 30 Conference Ports.
I need to increase my ports by adding another NT5D51 to extend this to 60, so my questionS are;

1. Can this be done to give me a 60 port Bridge or would I have 2 x 30 bridges?

2. How would I configure this on the PBX?

Many thanks for your help on this.

Do you have "Nortel Networks Integrated Conference Bridge: Service Implementation Guide" (553-3001-358 / 553-4001-135)

Basically you isntall each card as normal, but then in the installation wizard you define the parameters for "Dual Card Meetings"

It's been a while since I've done it, but can probably get thru it if you need. That NTP is pretty well-written however.

~M

Matt H. - Technical Support Engineer

Pretty much as I remember 2 ACD groups 1 for each card, the main dialin (Main DN in NTP) number is an NACD that has the 2 ACDs in it.

Like Nortel4Matt says the existing card should be set as the Dual card Primary (in the setup wizard) and the new one as the secondary. Then there is another couple of numbers for the TUI (1 for each card), Chair Person (only Primary card), Transfer and Link DN's set up on Primary card pointing to the ACD of the Secondary card. Most of the setup is done on the primary card.

The cards can be programmed with a single DN for dial in or Pairs of DN's (different numbers for different Conferences (I Preffer just the 1)). The NTP is quite good. Conferences can be defined on either card but Dual conferences are only defined on the Primary card.

In Dual Card conferences there is an option for full control of the secondary card if this is selected 2 ports are connected between the cards so you lose 4 of your channels (2 on each card), with Full control not selected you still lose 2 Channels (1 on each card) for a speech path between the cards.

Also the admin user can only set up static Conferences and a Dual card Conference cannot be static so has to be set up by a normal ICB User.

Thats about all I can think of.

Many thanks to both of you for your imput, I have downloaded the documents from Nortel as suggested and I think I should be able to run with it now, If I run into any Gotcha's, I will be sure to let you know.

I do appreciate you taking the time to help.

Regards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back