Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Conduit question by newbie

Status
Not open for further replies.

pmandra

MIS
Mar 27, 2003
US
Hi,

I need to let a public ip address (let's use 5.5.5.5) from outside the network into our public network through our Pix firewall. Would this command allow such a thing?

conduit permit tcp any host 5.5.5.5

The best way is to do an access control list and a static mapping. I would stay away from conduits, not as much control and Cisco is trying to convert to ACLs.

access-list inbound permit tcp any host [ExternalIP] eq [port#]
access-list inbound deny ip any any
access-group inbound in interface outside
static (inside,outside) tcp [ExternalIP] [port#] [InternalIP] [port#] netmask 255.255.255.255

Brent
Systems Engineer / Consultant
CCNP, CCSP

Thank you very much. A quick follow-up relating to this line:

static (inside,outside) tcp [ExternalIP] [port#] [InternalIP] [port#] netmask 255.255.255.255

Is the [Intenral IP] any available ip address on my private (i.e, 192.168.x.x) network, or is this something else?

It is the IP of the internal server that doing web, email, whatever service that you are providing to the outside world.

Or are you talking about a VPN? (where you are letting someone external to your network act as though they are inside your firewall)

Totally different setups.

Brent
Systems Engineer / Consultant
CCNP, CCSP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back