Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Conditionally Force Page and Reset Page Number

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hillary

Programmer
Feb 15, 2002
US
On the change of Student ID (Group 3), I want Crystal to do two things; Firstly, if the page number is odd I want Crystal to create a new page and secondly, reset page number after evey Student ID. I can do each of these but not in conjunction with one another.

I am printing the reports double sided. If a student's report is an odd number of pages I want to force another page so the next student's information doesn't print on the back of the first student.

In Group Footer 3, I checked New Page After and entered this formula...

WhilePrintingRecords;
Remainder(pagenumber, 2) <> 0;

And I also checked Reset Page Number After.

The result is Page 1 of 1 for all students with one page. Crystal did not force a second page.

How do I conditionally force another page and Reset Page Number at the same time?

Thanks,

Hillary

Split GF3 into two sections using 'Insert section below'. In the first section, do the 'New Page After' routine. In the second section, which should now be printing on it's own page, do the 'Reset Page Number After'.

Try creating a second section in GF3 with new page after checked in both GF3a and GF3b. Also reset page number in the main GF3 group (not gf3a or gf3b). Always print GF3a. Conditionally suppress GF3b if the page number is even.

MrBill

Correction, suppress gf3b if the page number is odd.

MrBill

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back