Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Conditionally Display $ on individual rows 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

mstrong

Programmer
Sep 27, 2001
US
Hello,

I'm using CR8. I have a report that has several groups, with at least 2 sub-groups in each one. I'm trying to conditionally have the $ appear on the first row of records (9 different fields) of each page. I've created a conditional formula which looks at the recordnumber, and prints the $ if it is 1, but I have no idea how to go about having it show up on the subsequent pages, as I don't know how many records will print on each page. For one iteration of this report, the same group will be starting the page, but for another iteration, there are more details and that group won't always fit on one page. Any ideas?

Try something like this in Format Editor, Number, Customize, Currency Symbol for the "Enable Currency Symbol":

if {table.groupfield} <> previous({table.groupfield}) then
crFixedCurrencySymbol
else
crNoCurrencySymbol

Kchaudhry

This should be true for V8 as I am using V8.5.

Right Click the field as it sits on the report.
Choose Format Field, then theNumber tab.
Click the Customize button.
You can set the decimals for 2 if need be.
Click on the Currency Symbol tab.
Select "Enable Currency Symbol" and choose Fixed or Floating.
Select "One Symbol Per Page".

Test it.

~Brian

Create two formulas:

//{@reset} to be placed in the page header:
whileprintingrecords;
numbervar linecnt := 0;

//{@linecnt} to be placed in the details section:
whileprintingrecords;
numbervar linecnt := linecnt + 1;

Then right click on your amount field->format field->number->customize->currency tab->enable currency symbol->x+2 and enter:

whileprintingrecords;
numbervar linecnt;
if linecnt = 1 then crFloatingCurrencySymbol

//or use crFixedCurrencySymbol, as you wish

-LB

Brian's solution is much simpler--I never noticed the "One Symbol per Page" before...

-LB

For some reason, the "display one per page" didn't actually show any per page. I then tried out LB's idea and it did the trick perfectly. Thanks for the quick responses guys!

Mike

It probably wasn't working because you already had conditional suppression on the currency symbol. There are multiple ways of accomplishing things as you can see by the different posts you received.

The bottom line is that you got your problem solved.

~Brian

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back