Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Conditional Suppression of Page Footer Sections 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

rayna

Programmer
Sep 24, 2001
CA
I have designed a report where Page Footer "a" prints no matter what. Page Footers "b" and "c" are conditional - either one will print based on a field in the report.

Here's the question: the footer is taking up the entire space for sections a through c - like it's reserving the space for the extra part that's not going to print.

Is there any way to prevent this? I just want the two sections to print without taking up all that space.

Thanks!
Rayna

Man plans. God laughs.

Go to the section expert and with the supracategory of Page Footer highlighted, check "Reserve minimum page footer". This is inaptly named--it will actually minimize the space reserved for the page footer. Check it out in the help section.

-LB

LB,

Thanks so much for your response. I am very sorry - Should I have mentioned I am using 8.5? I don't see the check box you have recommended.

Rayna

Man plans. God laughs.

I am using 8.0. The check box will only appear when you highlight the page footer section (not page footer_a, _b, but the higher order page footer category).

-LB

LB,

YOU RULE! Thanks so much for the help. It worked perfectly.

Rayna

Man plans. God laughs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back