Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Conditional suppress not working

Status
Not open for further replies.

knerve1

Programmer
Mar 28, 2005
US
I have an 8.5 report that has two groups. On group is split into 1a and 1b. I would like to suppress 1b if the details section is suppressed. The formulas on Group 1b are New page after "not onlastrecord" , new page before is checked, and Keep together is checked.
I have tried using a conditional suppress like the one in the details section: A and B, meaning if these condtions are true then suppress. This is not working and I believe it is because I do not understand the formulas on the section. My results are the group is suppressed all the time or not suppressed all the time.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Please show the formula you are using to suppress the detail section.

-LB

Thanks Lbass

This is the formula for the detail section:

({BJH_LabTimedUrineColl;1.A}) = "Specimen" and {BJH_LabTimedUrineColl;1.B} = "Urine"

On Group 1b format section:

New page after is checked and formula not onlastrecord
New page before is checked
I tried using the same formula for the suppression of the group footer.

Thanks for any help!

These are based on detail fields, so the question is under what conditions do you want the group section suppressed? Do you want it suppressed if one on the detail sections meets these criteria? Only if ALL the detail records meet the criteria? Or what?

-LB

I would like it suppressed if both conditions are met... Whenever the details section is suppressed to suppress group footer 1b.

So, again only if all the detail records meet the criteria.

Thank you for your patience.

Create a formula {@urspec}:

if {BJH_LabTimedUrineColl;1.A}) = "Specimen" and
{BJH_LabTimedUrineColl;1.B} = "Urine" then
0 else 1

Then use a section suppression formula of:

sum({@urspec},{table.groupfield}) = 0

-LB

Beautiful! Thank you very much, especially for hanging in there with me.

Worked like a charm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back