Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Conditional Processing in Pivot Tables

Status
Not open for further replies.

benesch

Technical User
Apr 19, 2001
US
Hi:

I am responsible for producing a spreadsheet showing the number of Assisted Living Facilities by county that have been completed, are pending approval, or are under construction, and the corresponding number of beds. This information is updated four times a year. I am currently doing so using a Pivot Table in an MS Access 97 form. The number of facilities in each category is calculated using the COUNT function, and the number of beds are grouped using the SUM function. My data source is a DBASE III file that is provided to me by another organization. In certain cases, an existing facility adds new beds, in which case, I do not want to double count the facility, but I still wish to include the beds. Does anyone know of a method to exclude certain records from the COUNT function in a Pivot Table, but still include the beds for those records in the subtotals for each category using the SUM function?

I would be most grateful for any help that you can provide. I am posting this thread in the MS Office forum as well (I haven't checked whether there is a specific forum for EXCEL), to reach EXCEL users as well. My apologies to those who may encounter this thread twice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back