Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

conditional formatting to one unbound text box with multiple controls

Status
Not open for further replies.

RSTaylor

Technical User
Apr 17, 2010
US
I have a form that is utilized for inputting Emergency Medical Service patient care reports. What I'm looking for is the ability to put an unbound text box on the form, and based on whether all fields are filled in or not, it would display "Incomplete" with a red background or "Complete" with a green one. I've been told I could use conditional formatting to set this but how would I go about selecting all fields for this conditional formatting on this one unbound textbox?

You could try a control source like:
Code:
=Nz(FldA+FldB+FldC...+FldZ,"Incomplete")
then set the conditional formatting of each control based on this one.

Duane
Hook'D on Access
MS Access MVP

Howdy dhookom . . .

Nice Idea! [thumbsup2]

See Ya! . . . . . .

Be sure to see faq219-2884 [blue]Worthy Reading![/blue] [thumbsup2]
Also faq181-2886 [blue]Worthy Reading![/blue] [thumbsup2]

Forgive me, but I can't seem to make that work. I keep getting the following error: "The expression you entered contains invalid syntax. You may have entered a comma without a preceding value or identifier.

The code I used was from dhookom

Code:
=Nz(FldA+FldB+FldC...+FldZ,"Incomplete")

Yes, I put in field PatientName, MRN, CSN, HAR, DPT, AST, IST, etc...

We are having trouble seeing "The expression you entered". You are providing a little more information than before but you haven't given us the actual expression. Also, what's the name of the control?

Duane
Hook'D on Access
MS Access MVP

RSTaylor . . .

Post the code [blue]exactly as you have![/blue] Its a simple copy & paste.

See Ya! . . . . . .

Be sure to see faq219-2884 [blue]Worthy Reading![/blue] [thumbsup2]
Also faq181-2886 [blue]Worthy Reading![/blue] [thumbsup2]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back