Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Conditional Formatting Not Available??

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeniseMe

Programmer
Dec 12, 2003
US
Hello All-

I am having a problem being able to use the Conditional Formatting feature in Cognos Impromptu Administrator. I am following the steps outlined in Help on how to add a condition and then select a style for it. When I select a data item in the report and go to Format --> Conditional Formats, The Conditional Formats window comes up with all buttons working except the "Conditions" button is grayed out and not available to use!! This is the button I need to press in order to create a condition for the report, right?? Why is it not available to me?? Any ideas!!??

Thanks in advance for your help - I really need it!

Thanks-
Denise

Conditional Formatting not available on Cross tabs ;so let me know if your report is a crosstab report

Thanks for the tip - I started thinking about it after reading your post and the report is a stored procedure report - so I thought maybe that is why the Conditions button is not available. I used the stored procedure report and called it as a hotfile from another report and then found the conditions button was available!! Thanks for your help :eek:)

Thanks-
Denise

Is this an issue for ReportNet as well? If I plan to use stored procedure query subjects, can I specify a conditional layout with those qeury items?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back