Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Conditional formatting missing in menu 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

iamareplicant

Programmer
Aug 7, 2004
US
Experts,

My client has an corporate-wide install of Access 2000. However, if I right click a text box, condtional formatting is missing (not greyed out, but completely missing).

However, this works in the VBA code:

txtText1.formatingconditions...etc...

But I need to be able to get to the built-in conditional formating window by right clicking on a text box.

Anyone know why this is missing from the shortcut menu?

TIA,

JBG

Your form is open in design view? Otherwise, I have no idea...

Ken S.

How are ya iamareplicant . . .

I'm never known it to reside in any shortcut menu! [surprise] In fact parsing the shortcut menu's for forms revealed this to be true.

However it can be placed on the shortcut menu if desired!

BTW . . . does it exist in its usual residence of Menubar - Format - Conditional Formatting?

Calvin.gif
See Ya! . . . . . .

yup, i am in design view when i right click on a text box to format it.

And in Access 2003, condtional formatting shows up in the menu. So i assumed that in Access 2000, it showed up there as well.

But it seems not? If any of you have Access 2000, right click a text box in design view and let me know if ya see conditional formatting as a list choice?

iamareplicant . . .

No go for me on access 2K . . .

In any case you can try resetting the toolbars. In a [blue]module[/blue] in the [blue]modules[/blue] window, copy/paste the following routine:
Code:
[blue]Public Sub qqq()
   Dim cb

On Error Resume Next
   For Each cb In CommandBars
      cb.Reset
   Next
End Sub[/blue]
Open the immediate window
ImmedWin.BMP
and type [blue]Call qqq[/blue] and hit enter.

[blue]Let me know the results! . . .[/blue]

Calvin.gif
See Ya! . . . . . .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back