Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Conditional Formating

Status
Not open for further replies.

iansmithwolves

Technical User
Jan 24, 2003
GB
I need to highlight certain text in Crystal 8 by putting a coloured box around the text so that it appears as highlighted when exported to excel. We have a list of outcomes; visit vet now, visit vet tomorrow etc I want to highlight visit vet today withinn a yellow box. How please?

Ian
Wolves
UK

On the Border tab of Format Field, you can supply a conditional format of
Code:
if currentfieldvalue = "Visit Vet Today"
then 1
else 0
on the four border areas.

Naith

Naith tried that there is only one border area on borders, when I have input this formula and changed the colour to yellow I get solid black boxes on every entry.

Are you sure you're putting this formula in the right place?

I'm using CR9. My Excel export dll (crxf_xls.dll) version is 9.2.1.686. This combination exports coloured borders to Excel okay.

But I don't think your version of Crystal or dll is the problem here. The symptoms you describe sound as if you've entered this in the Color/Border area, where you can select the colour of your border.

This drop down should point to yellow. You don't need to apply a condition here.

I haven't used v8 for quite some time, but I'm pretty sure that right at the top of the Border tab, under Line Style, you should have components for each side of the box. You need to enter the formula I gave you in Left/Right/Top/and Bottom.

Naith

Naith entering your formula does not produce a fill in to the box only the box itself

Naith I've solved it myself. I have replace your then and else values with cryellow and crwhite which works a treat. Thanks for your help

I'm glad you got there in the end. We could have gotten there a lot sooner had your initial request said you wanted the background yellow rather than a coloured box around the text.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back