Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Condiments Question - MICROS 3700 5.4

Status
Not open for further replies.

BWDave

MIS
Oct 25, 2016
US
Hello! We are running Micros 3700 5.4 and want certain condiments to come up automatically when an item is added. For instance if a server adds a Fish&Chips the condiment of Tarter Sauce would automatically attach to the item without the server having to click anything additional.

Click Fish&Chips on Touchscreen and this would appear on screen:

1 Fish&Chips $9.99
Tarter

Is there a way to do this with default condiments, or required condiments, other? We have required ones set up but the user has to select it manually, and in the case we want certain ones to happen automatically.

Thank in advance!!

-Dave

Hey mate,

I would go with the combo meal option.

You can create a combo group, just add a cell that you may call "Sauces" were the only menu item would be the Tarter Sauce.

Then, go to combo meals, add a cell where the main item group it's gonna be Fish&Chips and the main item group it's gonna be the "Sauces" cell created on the combo group department.

The good thing about this, is that you can add as many sauces in the future as you want, and also, you can add more main item groups as "Side items".

If you wanna go with required condiment I believe you only need to create that sauce as condiment and make it the only one available to choose and it will ad it up automatically.

Thinking you could also accomplish this by using the default condiments or using a macro. May be fewer steps.

Combo meal is what you need for that. But why would you go for that much setup for an item that already comes with only 1 option?

@Scacea Thinking he is wanting a bagging checklist or similar. I should have said default condiment or macro before. Would it not be a better option as one click as opposed to 2 with the combo? Or would combo auto add it?

If it's the only option in the combo then it will add it straight away.

Thanks @Scacea Good to know. I was not aware of that.

No problem. I still don't see the use of it or the work once that sauce comes with the meal by default. I personally would have a condiment group with Sauce/No Sauce as I believe that you will have guests that don't like tartar/be allergic to it/ingredients.

Hello! Thanks for the great information. As @wildbar predicted, we are looking for to have these sauces present to be used as checklist on the ticket. With everything closed and doing takeout only, some of our items do only come with one sauce or option, thus it is not on the ticket. Normally this is fine for our table servers, but the folks packing the bags are forgetting these sauces far too often. If they are on the ticket, they can be ckecklisted as present in the bag.

Looks like a combo woulld work for us. Would the Default Condiment also work or is the combo the only option to get both items on screen with one click? It would be prefered to have it appear on the ticket like the resti of the items wtih the sauce tabbed in right below the item.

Thanks so much!

Dave

If the combo has only 1 option then this is your solution. On the default condiment you have to press

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back