Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Concurrent Call Paths

Status
Not open for further replies.

lmc13

MIS
Feb 12, 2018
US
We have a BCM50. I need to change the number of concurrent call paths from 23 to 6. How do I make this change? Thank you

Paths for what? can you give some FULL details as to what you are trying to do?

Add me to LinkedIN

small-logo-sig.png

=----(((((((((()----=
Toronto, CAN

We are changing the number of calls we can receive from 23 to 6. I see under Telephony Resources that it is set to 23. How do I change it to 6? Business Element Manager will not let me change it. The number of channels needs to be changed because when dialing out the BCM50 takes the last channel (23), which will no longer exist.

That is indeed called a fractional PRI

Are you un checking and it will not let you? greyed out?[ what?

You also need to go to Administration > Telephony Metrics > Trunk Module Metrics and disable as needed.

Add me to LinkedIN

small-logo-sig.png

=----(((((((((()----=
Toronto, CAN

It is greyed out. I followed your instructions and Disabled a Channel. Should it change under Configuration - Resources - Telephony Resources?

Only the first 6 lines are checked. However, when we tested our new circuit outbound calls were going out on line 23.

After disabling the channels is there a way to tell that the call is going out on line 6 and not line 23?

Simpler way is to place a call, put it on hold and then pick it back up, the display will tell you the line your on.

Feature 811 shows the line not the channel. Good thought though.

I figured out how to determine the channel a call is going out on.

In the BCM Monitor go to the UIP tab.
On the left side where it says UIP Modules Toggle the button to PRI.
Make a call. Make sure the person you are calling answers.
In the left window the call will show up.
Click on + next to the item that says CALL_PROCEEDING_CC
There is an entry that say Channel Identification - B-channel #

Thank you everybody for all your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back