Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Concatenating text

Status
Not open for further replies.

SysDupe123

Technical User
Dec 17, 2003
US
I'm trying to concatenate the values of two cells into another. I can write a formula for that, but I wanted to know if there was a function that can set the font size so that one value can be larger than the other.

Hi,

I don't think you can do it on a formula, but you can do it on text by going into edit mode, selecting the text to have the format changed, and then making the changes via the formatting toolbar, which you will find is active. If you try this on part of a formula you will find the formatting options greyed out.

What you really need is a Text function which could be inserted as part of the formula, or possibly a User Defined Function to do what you want (If it can be done via a UDF).

Good Luck,

Peter Moran

There is no native function for this.

Possibly this could be done with a VBA UDF, but my quick try proved unsuccesful.

Hi SysDupe123:

No native function in EXCEL for what you want. I had a little play -- with a UDF, I could only concatenate, but to change the font size in midstream, I had to use a SUB.

Yogi Anand, D.Eng, P.E.
Energy Efficient Building Network LLC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back