Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Concatenate Duplicate Groups

Status
Not open for further replies.

suechamps

Technical User
May 26, 2005
US
Using Crystal 8.5.

Creating a report to reflect the # of accounts transferred from one Sales Rep to another.

Report is grouped as follows:
Group 1: @REP
Group 2: INTERPAY_ACCOUNT.ALT_REP

In Group 2 header I have concatenated as follows:
@ REP [@TRANSFER COUNT][@BRANCH TEXT]transferred from [@ALT REP FIRST NAME][@ALT REP LAST NAME]on [TRANSFERDATE]

My problem is that the rep may get branches transferred to them from several alt reps. So my concatenation will look as follows:

JOHN SMITH 1 branch transferred from Sue Jones on 6/28
JOHN SMITH 10 branches transferred fom John Baker on 6/28

What I would like to do is have info appear as follows:

JOHN SMITH 1 branch transferred from Sue Jones on 6/28
10 branches transferred from John Baker on 6/28

Is this possible?

Thanks!

Don't include {@Rep} in the concatenation formula, just place it in group header #2 and then right click on it->format field->common->suppress->x+2 and enter:

{@Rep} = previous({@Rep})

-LB

This worked great except for the very first rep. It got suppressed but only appears one time?

Thanks,
Sue

Do not check the box next to the "Suppress", just add the conditional formula to the x+2 area. The box will be the default if the conditional formula does not execute. In the case of the first record, the conditional formula does not execute, since there is no previous record and therefore, the default is the box setting. The conditional formula always overrides the box EXCEPT when it doesn't execute.

-LB

Thanks so much that worked perfectly!

~Sue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back