Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Computers added to DC disabled 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

mstarrett

Technical User
Jan 31, 2003
US
I have fresh network setup. 2003 dc and when I try to add a system XP I get an error mesage relating to server not responding. When I check the AD user & comp it shows the computer, but it is disabled. I can enable it and try to join the domain again with the same result. Once again the computer shows disabled in AD user & Comp. At one time I tried to rename the XP system and it joined but could not rename the XP system. Netbios name was different from the system name. The 2003 DC is also a DNS server. The network uses a Cisco router for the ISP that does the DHCP. On the server I set the first DNS to it's self. Any ideas would help.

Thanks

The issue is that I can not connect it to the DC.

I did remove the disabled system and add the system back with the same result.

Thanks

Set the DNS on the client to your internal server, not the router, and use DNS forwarding on your dns server to access the internet.

-Phil

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back