Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Computer won't boot, new MB and CPU..any suggestions? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

comp110

MIS
Apr 19, 2004
US
I have just bought an ECS motherboard socket 754 755-A2(1.0). I have a max 350w power supply. I've installed everything, the hard drive, memory, CPU ( AMD 3000 ). I've set the jumpers right according to the manual. Now when I hit the power the HDD light comes on the fan on top of the CPU comes, but nothing else is coming on. no beep or beeps!
Does anyone have any suggestions

@KenB - Basically you are Correct... Most PIII PSU's don't work on P4 systems cause they lack the extra 4 pin plug, anyhow...

@Garebo - I'll keep that in mind, as I had planned on relocating to the Toronto/Hamilton area, then finish the courses (they are lots cheaper in N.America then in Germany)... The Siemens boards I worked on where actually DeskTop... And I have always respected MSI, and now hearing this just puts them a notch higher... Thanx for the Info...

Ben

"If it works don't fix it! If it doesn't use a sledgehammer..."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back