Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Computer stop working when capturing TV and ECC memory.

Status
Not open for further replies.

CMir

Programmer
Mar 6, 2003
US
In the following configuration:

Board MSI Chipset Intel 845PE Max2
Processor Intel P4 2.4Ghz 533Mhz
Memory 1024Gb DDR 333Mhz
Graphics GeForce4 Mx440 64Mb
Pinnacle PCTV
Windows XP Pro

When I start capturing TV, after a while the sound from TV continues to go through but the computer freezes out. I've already changed the graphic card, installed Windows anew, but nothing.

I executed Sandra utility and it says that 1Gb or more needs to be ECC memory and that the board does not support it.

My doubt is about 2 things:

- As far as I know ECC is specially used for Server computers;

- Any suggestions about the computer and its problem?

Thank you.

Forget about sandra in this issue .
I get the same results regarding mem .
It semes that sandra expects (coded into program) that having more than 1MB should be ECC . This is not the fact in real life , if mb don't support ECC ram (like mine ,i have 2*512MB non ECC) I can have upto 3GB memory non ECC nomatter what sandra tells me .

By temps I think you are referring to the captured sequences. They are not good.

By temps I ment temperatures of the case and cpu. If the cpu gets too hot (working too hard) it will shut the system down.

The case was widely opened and it has 2 auxiliary fans besides the one from the processor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back