Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Computer reset by itself

Status
Not open for further replies.

sahalim

Technical User
Sep 20, 2000
MY
I am having this problem quite a while already. At the begining, my computer can runs for a while (about 30 minutes) before it resetted but now everytime I switched it on, it will reset automatically before window is open. Configuration of my pc :-
VX-PRO motherboard
Cyrix 333 CPU but running on 233 because my motherboard only support 233 MHz
32 Meg RAM
4 Meg Sis VGA card (PCI)
4 Gig HD
16 bit SoundBlaster compatible sound card. [sig][/sig]

can you check your bios for PowerManagement, or ACPI(I think that's the acronym) perhaps turning off the power management to not say energy might stop you from having conflicts. [sig]<p>Karl<br><a href=mailto:kb244@kb244.com>kb244@kb244.com</a><br><a href= </a><br>Experienced in : C++(both VC++ and Borland),VB1(dos) thru VB6, Delphi 3 pro, HTML, Visual InterDev 6(ASP(WebProgramming/Vbscript)<br>
[/sig]

i have to agree with Karl, exnay the power management in windows and Bios, should be all thats needed, done it many times. [sig][/sig]

Hmm .. Windows does not boot completly ? It resets on booting period ?
and in Power management and ACPI interface there are no options to make computer reboot by itself.

You can try reinstall windows , and if computer restarts then you doing something and on random things , I thing you will have to change motherboard ( most possible ). [sig][/sig]

Check you'r power supply because if it is going bad you'r computer will reboot. Then check you'r motherboard for any jumper setting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back