Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Computer Reboots everytime I print

Status
Not open for further replies.

SandyH

Programmer
Jun 16, 2000
US
On one of my Windows 2000 computers (P4 2.8ghz, 1gig ram) everytime I print something on the hp all-in-one the thing locks up and requires reboot. I have used this specific computer for over 9 months without a problem, now all of a sudden it doesn't like the printer. Any idea what the problem could be? I've uninstalled all the print drivers and software and installed new ones off the internet. I just can't figure out what is going on with this thing, short of tossing the printer out...
Thanks,
Sandy

Have you installed any Windows Updates recently? Some that may coincide with the time that printing started doing this?

No I haven't updated the computer with any windows updates recently... Not since early September. The computer worked fine until the other day. I also just noticed when I was trying to defrag the computer that it would get so far and lock up.

When it locks up, what does the process monitor show as to who's locking up the cpu usage? (The printer?)

Glen A. Johnson
"Fall seven times, stand up eight."
Proverb

Want to get great answers to your Tek-Tips questions? Have a look at FAQ219-2884

Is the printer directly connected or is this a network printer? Also, do you see the same issue from other PCs (if it's shared or networked)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back