Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

computer management - Open files that are not open

Status
Not open for further replies.

mquinn0908

Technical User
Jul 3, 2002
US
I have just recently started running into problems with trying to save files on our server. When I try to save the file it states that is unable to save and then when I check in computer management it does not show that the file is even open. We also are having problems with files showing as being open in computer management (and the file may be showing as open several times) but are not open anywhere on anyone's computer. To make this issue even stranger we can open a file and try to save it and it says it can't and then when you go and look at the network drive the file is no longer there. Any ideas as to what is causing this?

I am experiencing the same problem. Are all of the problem clients Windows XP SP1? Using Windows 2000 server?

Yes all of the problem clents are Windows XP SP1 and using a 2000 server. Applying the patch that is referenced in KB329170 resolved this issue for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back