Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

computer connection

Status
Not open for further replies.

qweas

Programmer
Feb 12, 2002
GB
i would like to access and manage my other computer via a modem and a telephone line because it needs repairing from time to time. Can someone tell me how to remotely access my other computer, i have hyper terminal.

Another question is wher i can pick up pcANYWHERE from? does it cost much? if so is there any other software which is cheaper.

Both computers use Windows 98

Thanks

See if this site is any help. There is a PDF file with screen shots on Win98 RAS server setup at:

PC Anywhere can be found at any major electronics store that sells utility software. Or you could look online. It is about $180.
You might be able to find something cheaper on However, PC Anywhere is a reliable for sending and receiving files over a modem.

A similar question was posted in early december from a Kampret(programmer) on 12/20. I don't know if this will help any, but I hope it does.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back