Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Computer beeps while typing

Status
Not open for further replies.

jentuck

Technical User
Dec 3, 2001
US
Hi,
I have a laptop running Windows95.
I have Office 2000 installed.

The computer speaker beeps (seemingly randomly) when I am typing into the document. It doesn't beep at any other time. There are no error messages. Just the beep.
I've turned off every sound option there is, and nothing stop it. Spell check and grammar check are off.
Its driving me crazy!!
Any help would be appreciated.
Jennifer

Hmm, you wouldn't know if something happened to have gotten spilled on it, would you? Sticky keys or anything?
Do you have a spare keyboard lying around that you could plug in and use instead? That might tell you if the built-in keyboard is going out... If you feel a post has been helpful to you, click on the link at the bottom of their post to let them and others know the information was of use.
|
|
V

You have a virus. I had this problem a few years ago. It does exactly as you describe. Run your virus scanner...

I'm actually running an external keyboard. The internal one locks up all the time.
I hadn't considered a virus - thanks for the suggestion!
Jennifer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back