Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Computer acting wierd!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guest_imported

Jan 1, 1970
This is happening right now. I constantly hear my computer making that crackling sound when like its loading something and that Sign-On window keeps on popping up like every 2 minutes. Is someone hacking my computer???? Running on Win98.

I just been receiving e-mails and sounds like a virus: There is two that I just received. Could this be the problem?

Subject: So cool a flash, enjoy it
Attachment: 615[1].exe (89.3kb)

Subject: A very funny website
Attachment: Inc..pif(91.2kb)
Body: Hi,This is a funny website
I hope you would like it.

Any executable attachment such as .exe or .pif files should be treated with extreme caution, particularly .pif which is the extension for a DOS shortcut. There would be no legitimate reason to send you such a file as an email attachment. When they come from an unknown person they are almost certainly malicious, virus or trojan nearly for sure. All things are possible except skiing through a revolving door.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back