Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Computed objects/psr

Status
Not open for further replies.

rjoshi2

Programmer
Sep 10, 2002
US
The problem that I am having is when I save my report as a psr I am loosing the data of my computed objects. For example I have a computed object that is 7000 in my report. I save the report as a psr. When I open the psr the 7000 is now a 0. Any help in fixing this problem would be appreciated. I am using powerbuiler 6.5.

Thank You,
rjoshi2

The reports that I trying to view that have been generated
by a powerbuilder (6.5) mini application that save the
report as a psr then inserted into a table (as blob on a
oracle 8i db). The problem is when the mini application
save the reports as psr the computed objects looses the
data. I only noticed this problem when I tried to view the
psr reports in my main application. I believe that Sybase
fixed this psr problem in powerbuilder 8.0. Is it possible
to view powerbilder 8.0 psr in powerbilder 6.5 applications? Any help would be appreciated. I would
prefer to user psr reports as the formatting of the report
is saved.

Thank You,
rjoshi2

PSR reports are the ultimate in preserving the dw's formatting!

Some computed fields may lose their values and others may have their values re-evaluated. For instance, a computed field with an expression of Today() will NOT save the date the PSR was saved in the report. It would still display the CURRENT date when the PSR is re-opened next time! Your computed field may be dependent on some variable that is setting its value to 0.

You cannot open PSRs created in PowerBuilder 8 using PowerBuilder 6.5 because there are additional attributes/properties for the dw object that the v6.5 version of the datawindow interface cannot handle it and is not aware of them (no backward compatibility).

---
PowerObject!
-----------------------------------------
PowerBuilder / PFC Developers' Group

Her are some of my computed fields:

sum(if( main_record_status = 'A' , 1, 0 ) for group 2)

count(itd_no for group 1)

count(itd_no for all )

Should I expect any problem with these? Any help would be appreciated.

Thank You,
rjoshi2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back