Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

compTIA A+ no longer valid?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JackCorzine

IS-IT--Management
Aug 1, 2011
US
Received my CompTIA A+ Hardware portion in 2006 but was unable to afford the Software portion of the A+. Since CompTIA has changed their policy on the "lifetime" certification I need to know if I have to take the entire test over or if my hardware certification is still valid. Does anyone have an answer?

Jack,

Does not look good but your best place for this info is from CompTIA -

here is what I found -

Candidates should be preparing with the 2009 objectives. To earn the CompTIA A+ certification under the 2009 objectives, both the 220-701 & 220-702 must be taken and passed. One certificate is earned upon successful completion of both exams.

Each exam is a separate fee. It does not matter which order the exams are taken in, but both exams must be successfully completed by February 28, 2013, to earn the A+ certification under the 2009 objectives. It is the responsibility of the candidate to check our website regularly for updates and current information.

Candidates CANNOT ‘MIX’ exam objectives. BOTH CompTIA A+ certification exams must come from the same set of objectives.

Passing one 2006 exam and one 2009 exam does not qualify for certification. CompTIA recommends our candidates visit the CompTIA certification homepages regularly for all exam details and information updates.

I hope this helps!

E.A. Broda
CCNA, CCDA, CCAI, Network +

Hello Guys, I read a while back somewhere in the CompTia website that if you completed both exams before Feb 2013 you could get certified for life.. some kind of a one time deal. I looked for that just today but could not find it.
Any ways, I've been working in the IT industry for 8 years and Now all of a sudden I want to complete the CompTia A+ and Network + certifications.

Do you guys know if the questions on the A+ exam are the same as the practice questions on the Book?

If anybody of you guys know this answer please let me know.

Thank you guys.

Bob Ramos

The lifetime cert for A+, Net+, and Security+ from CompTIA ended last year.

"Individuals certified in CompTIA A+, CompTIA Network+ or CompTIA Security+ on or before Dec. 31, 2010, will be considered certified for life. For individuals certified on or after Jan. 1, 2011, these certifications can be maintained by passing the most current CompTIA exam prior to the three-year expiration date or enrolling in CompTIA's new Continuing Education (CE) program."

'Knows enough to be dangerous. Wait... make that really dangerous.'

Well, I guess still good news.
Can some one tel me if the questions on the CompTia A+ book are the ones on the exam?

Thanks
Bob

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back