Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Compressed Files... message keeps coming up on console

Status
Not open for further replies.

david902

MIS
Jan 6, 2000
US
Not very good at Novell, I keep getting a message on the console:<br>
<br>
&quot;compressed files are not being committed decompressed on volume sys due to lack of disk space.&quot;<br>
<br>
I have 477Mb of disk space available on this volume. How can<br>
I reset this threshhold so the message stops filling my logs.<br>
<br>
I have gone over the volume with a fine tooth comb and deleted all unnecessary files, I know there are several Oracle databases on this volume, but I can't touch them.<br>
I cannot make more disk space without a DBA modifying tablespaces to make more disk space on the server.<br>
<br>
I know performance is affected but my hands are tied.<br>
other than getting the server console messages to stop, are there any other issues I should be concerned about.<br>
<br>
thanks.<br>

You could try turning OFF compression on the volume - that way it would stop trying, and stop complaining. You will have to dismount the volume to get access to the Compression Yes/No block in Volume Utilities. Load INSTALL at the server console prompt to get to the Volume utilities. Good luck! <p>Fred Wagner<br><a href=mailto:frwagne@ci.long-beach.ca.us>frwagne@ci.long-beach.ca.us</a><br><a href= > </a><br>

The best way to solve this problem (instead than adding a drive which would also work :)) is to go to a F:/, G:/, etc. prompt and type PURGE /ALL to free up "limbo blocks", which are deleted files that have only been "marked" for deletion and can still be SALVAGED.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back