Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Component Object Model

Status
Not open for further replies.

OB1too

Technical User
Jun 7, 2000
AU
Can MIMS 4.1(3) be used with Microsoft' Component Object Model, in any way, as it is with Ellipse??

I looked in the Windows Registry to see if I could find an entry or a key so that you could do a 'Create Object' on a Mims component. I didn't find one on my local drive. Then I remembered that I'm running Mims through a Citrix server. So, I went out and looked at the Registry on the remote machine. Sure enough, there were ProgIds for the various MSQ components of Mims and that makes sense since they are programmed in Delphi. Now I could try to instantiate them with a 'Create Object' if I only had my development tools on the server but since I don't I couldn't.

But even if I could instantiate them, what would I gain? A little something perhaps, but there is no reference work that I have ever seen to any of the properties, events and methods within it.

More than that, would I want to make use of the components outside the Mims Explorer? Does my license with Mincom allow me to do so?

I'm sorry I couldn't answer your question with more shrug of the shoulders. What do you want to do with Mims if you could instantiate it and access it's PEMs?

Good luck.

Gregg

If you want to access the Objects on your Mims backend (from Mims OE 4.3.1 and up) you can use the Mincom Object Connector. This product will allow you to write in just about any language and use the backend object up update and retrive data. It is comes with it's own doco on what each object can do and how to access them. It is however a seperate product sold by Mincom.

Regards

BE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back