Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

component intefaces 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shantyj

Programmer
Sep 30, 2002
US

Hi,
can someone help me with componenet interfaces. In 7.5 i was responsible for a mass update of employees to the HR system by writing SQR to validate the data and then importing into a ms access database and then running message agent to update the panels.

I was told that this can not be done in 8.0 version. Can somone tell me how i can go about doing this in 8. I was told to use component interface.
How should i do this?

Thanks in advance.

What part of the employee data are you updating (Personal Data, Job Data, etc.)?

rekclaw

Well to some degree you are in luck. People soft delivers some app engine programs for mass salary increases. I've been evaluating the process to determine if it will work for our purposes in annual salary increases. From what I've seen with a very superficial look, the mass salary increase executes in 3 steps. Step 1 builds a list of individuals to give raises to, step 2 reports the result of that list, and finally step 3 inserts new job rows for these people using the component interface for job data. Obviously, you will want to take a closer look at the final part (HR_SP_CI). Though I doubt that this app engine program will be your final answer, it should be a nice example of the proper technique to use.

To find where to run this process, go to Administer Workforce, Plan Salaries, Process, Update by Sal Plan/Paygroup. Don't get stuck on the first step. Most of what is happening here is creating of a where clause based on group selections (which is defined under Manage Human Resources). There is also some functional level descriptions under Mass Salary Increases in People Books.

I would use your SQR to load a temp table, then clone HR_SP_CI and rewrite it to read the data from your temp table to insert the correct data into job data.

Hope this helps.

Rekclaw

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back