Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Complicated 81C ACD Queue CFW Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Watsonj

MIS
Jun 20, 2002
US
My previous job site is now a customer and they have a request. They are bringing in 200 new DIDs that they want assigned to 200 stations on the production floor (each station will have its own unique DID). They would like each DID to have VM capabilities. The system is a Opt 81C with MAX and no VM and an 11C with MerMail 12,connected by TIE lines (located in the same data center). I have already verified I can pass calls accross to the 11C and leave VMs. The 200 phones are agent phones with a Pos IDs on key 00 and a DN on 03. I can see two options.

1) Point the DIDs to the phones either by programmed DNs or an IDC table. Calls can be forwarded and hunted across to the 11C with no issues. However, the customer would like to generate reports (Avg length of call, etc) through MAX. The best I can do with this solution is to have the agent log into a dummy ACDDN, take calls and we can see DN activation reports and total time logged into the queue.

2) I originally tried created 200 ACDDNs. To satisfy the CFW and HUNT issues, I had NCFW set to dial the ACOD for the TIE line plus an ACDDN built on the 11C that was NCF to VM. But to satisfy the Call Forward when Busy, I set the OVTH to 0 and discovered I could only OVDN to an ACDDN. So I planned on creating another 200 ACDDNs that were NCFW to the 11C VM - and ran into the 240 ACDDN limitation. Crap.

SO.....

I can use solution 1 and have limited reports or use soluion 2 and not have Call Forward when busy. Solution 1 may be my best choice unless I can find another way to use OVDN. Any other solutions or ideas?

Yes, the obvious solution is to sell the customer Call Pilot for the 81C, but can I engineer around the issue for now?

How about using interflow rather than overflow.
have no OVDN entry, set the IFDN to the required number,
( Interflow is not restricted to ACD-DNs )
and then set AENI to YES. ( Automatic Enable Interflow )

First off you can't program that many ACDN's because of the 240 limitation.

You can program that may ACD Agents, but not DN's

The DID should be the agents personal number on Key 3.
use LHK 3 to make sure the system recognizes that key. If that DID is not programmed elsewhere ir becomes prime on that phone and will forward to where-ever you set the FDN and HUNT to forward to.

If you need stats, just make all the phones part of a single acd group and make them log into the phone. You can actually program the phones so they don't work if they don't log in. Then you can get the stats you need.

For the voicemail, you should just need to turn on NCRD in the route so that they calls can route over the TIE lines, keeping the original DNIS information and then forward to the voicemail system on the 11C.

Don't make it too difficult.

Then just create a CDP for the vmail access number and put the vmail messaging number on the hunt and FDN on each phone.

This way each phone just uses their own personal DN key to make and answer calls, the queue gives them the stats they are looking for and you just forward to the vmail on the 11C.

You use 1 ACDN for all 200 phones and forward to the 11C.

This is the easiest way to do this.

John

You will need to do the research;
but if you have Tie lines between the 81C and the 11C,
And have NARS / BARS (CDP) you will need Network Mail feature in the 11C’s Mer Mail, and I believe you will need Network Mail Packages in both the 81C and the 11C.

All networking should be in place because Calls over the TIE line have been tested to the vmail system and it works.

The single line group won't work because they want each position to have it's own unique DID number - but they want to be able to collect stats as well, so using the DN is not the ideal solution (Our other production floor uses multiple queues and DNIS routing, but that will not work for this side.) Ideally, each DID number will be programmed as an ACDDN.

The IFDN sounds like a possibility. If I have a unique ACDDN with MAXP 3 and only one agent logged into the queue and the agent is taking a call - will the IFDN pass the call along or will it sit in queue?

With MAX you should be able to pull stats on each phone, on DN in calls as well as DN out calls. The Single ACD group just puts them in queue so that stats can be collected.

John

The IFDN (Interflow)kicks in if the Overflow fails, so if no OVDNs are defined it will always fail, as you have already set OVTH 0, calls will interflow if there are no agents available to take the call, busy or notready, setting OVTH 0 does not allow calls to queue, so they will follow the interflow treatment. Dont forget AENI YES for this to work.

I have the same issue, however I need to let at least 16 agents take calls, then overflow to an outside number. Is there a way to do this? It appears IFDN is my best bet. I tried to use a queue with MAXP 1,had it set as the OVDN, had one agent logged in, and that queue was NCFW to the 800 number. that did not work. Any suggestions? My technicians (the ones I have to pay for) don't know how to do it.

To alow at least 16 agents to take calls, make MAXP 16.

MAXP 1 only alows 1 agent to take calls before overflow.

Why change the engine if all you need is to change the spark plugs.

For my test I had MAXP set to 1 for the target ACD, and the OVDN for the new ACD set to 1. I was able to call the queue number and get the first agent, put her on hold, called the queue again and got the agent who was logged on to the OVDN queue. So that tells me the overflow is working. I then put that agent on hold, called the ACD again and got in the queue on hold, same thing with call #4 and 5. So, I'm thinking the new ACD that is set to NCFW is not working, even though I call it directly and it works. I didn't think the MAXP had anything to do with number of calls in the queue.

MAXP is Max number of agents, not calls in Queue.

MAXP is Max number of agents, not calls in Queue.

ace pretty much nails any acd question..

your creating a headache.. your customer want almost a script per agent.. acd stats on non acd lines.. maybe an acquired cdn per did.. either way if it breaks, you better make some notes.. opinion

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

I just reread the original question again. What stats do you want, How long the call was in VM?

"1) Point the DIDs to the phones either by programmed DNs or an IDC table. Calls can be forwarded and hunted across to the 11C with no issues. However, the customer would like to generate reports (Avg length of call, etc) through MAX."

OK, I'll try all of that. I do see I have my target queue set for MAXP 2, I'll change that. Do you see anything else that I've done wrong, here are the two ACD: 6772 is the first target and the overflow is 6801.

TYPE ACD
CUST 0
ACDN 6772
MWC NO
DSAC NO
MAXP 2
SDNB NO
BSCW NO
ISAP NO
AACQ NO
RGAI NO
ACAA NO
FRRT 11
FRT 20
SRRT 11
SRT 30
NRRT
FROA NO
NCFW 6789
FNCF NO
FORC YES
FCFT 2
SPCP YES
OBTN NO
RAO NO
CWTH 1
NCWL NO
BYTH 1
OVTH 0
TOFT NONE
HPQ NO
OCN NO
OVDN 6801
IFDN
OVBU LNK LNK LNK LNK
EMRT
MURT
RTPC NO
STIO 14
TSFT 20
HOML YES
RDNA NO
NRAC NO
DAL NO
RPRT YES
RAGT 4
DURT 30
RSND 4
FCTH 20
CRQS 100
IVR NO
OBSC NO
OBPT 5
CWNT NONE

MEM AVAIL: (U/P): 5739506 USED U P: 1069415 137894 TOT: 6946815
DISK SPACE NEEDED: 212 KBYTES
2MB BACKUP DISKETTE(S) NEEDED: 1 (PROJECTED LD43 - BKO)
ACD DNS AVAIL: 23946 USED: 54 TOT: 24000
REQ PRT
TYPE ACD
CUST 0
ACDN 6801

TYPE ACD
CUST 0
ACDN 6801
MWC NO
DSAC NO
MAXP 1
SDNB NO
BSCW NO
ISAP NO
AACQ NO
RGAI NO
ACAA NO
FRRT 11
FRT 20
SRRT
NRRT
FROA NO
NCFW 4325
FNCF NO
FORC NO
RTQT 0
SPCP YES
OBTN NO
RAO NO
CWTH 1
NCWL NO
BYTH 0
OVTH 10
TOFT NONE
HPQ NO
OCN NO
OVDN
IFDN
OVBU LNK LNK LNK LNK
EMRT
MURT
RTPC NO
STIO
TSFT 20
HOML YES
RDNA NO
NRAC NO
DAL NO
RPRT YES
RAGT 4
DURT 30
RSND 4
FCTH 20
CRQS 100
IVR NO
OBSC NO
OBPT 5
CWNT NONE

Nitadrink:

Your making this a very confusing thread because you have now added your question to the mix. It would be better to start a new thread and explain your problem because the problems are not the same and would have different answers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back