Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Complex Number Formatting

Status
Not open for further replies.

jlf81

Technical User
Dec 16, 2008
GB
Hi,

I am trying to return a value which will be formated as a #,##0.0% above 0 and below 1, £#,##0 above 1, "No Fee" at 0, [RED](#,##0.0%) below 0 and above -1, and [RED](#,##0.0%) below 0 and below -1

I have tried looking everywhere and tried using

=iif([Fee] >1,£#.###.00,#,###.00%);=iif([Fee] <-1,(red)£#.###.00,(red)#,###.00%); "No Fee"; Null

Can someone point me in the right direction, or let me know if this is not possible

Cheers

Josh

If you want colors, you need to use one of the following:
-conditional formatting
-code to change properties on the fly
-the Format property with a little code

You will not be able to use only the control source.

Duane
Hook'D on Access
MS Access MVP

how would I change the properties on the fly as there are going to be all the diffenerent formats used each time the report is ran, and the only way I know of to change it on the fly would be to code it do one format (which could change based on some parameters) per run.

Sorry if this is a silly question, but I haven't done much of this stuff before, and thanks for your reply

You would need to write some code in the On Format event of the section of the report that contains the text box.

Code:
If Me.Fee > 0 AND Me.Fee <= 1 Then
    Me.Fee.Format = "#,##0.0%"
End If
If Me.Fee > 1 Then
    Me.Fee.Format ="..."
End If
' other code
' I would probably use Select Case rather than If ;-)

Duane
Hook'D on Access
MS Access MVP

ah, I understand what you mean now, I will have a look at that monday. Thanks

I have had a look at it this morning and was struggling to get it working so I ended up going down the route of creating a text field formated as required (eg >1 Fee& "%") in the query, this has worked fine apart from the colour which is not a problem as this will always be printed in black and white.

Thanks again for your help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back