Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Complete noob questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

LazySmerf

Technical User
Mar 7, 2012
US
O.K. i have never tried to write an XML page from scratch and not sure if that is even what i need to do. let me give the skinny and then maybe someone can help or point me in a good direction.

I have a Docuemnt managemnet application that can output index vaules of a document into many forms. one of those is an .xml page.
What i need to do is take these exported numerical values, add some of them together, and then compare that sum to 1 of the other exported values. i can then make an .xml file (or use the same exported one) and have the Document system read the returned value on the above equation. preferably i would like for it to return a yes or no as to if the values add up to the final value.

If anyone could help or even point me in the right direction i would really appreciate it. i have been trying for over a week to come up with a solution to this, including uses vbscript, javascript, cmd line calculation in windows, etc. and just can not find a way to complete this (what i thought would be a) simple task.

start in dreamweaver, it will help you with the most basic essentials of a XML page.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back