Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Complete download of IE6 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

JemimaS

Technical User
Mar 20, 2003
GB
Can someone post a link to how I can download the complete setup files for IE6?

I know someone already posted a link, but it doesn't work any more :(

Hi. Got the full IE6 from hartford.edu. Tried to install it. Still having the same problem. It's giving me the error that the current version is newer than what I'm trying to install, so it aborts. It's a WinXP Pro machine. I already removed IE6 SP1.

The main problem is this. A client installed a toolbar for some search engine. And it started whacking his system. So I uninstalled it for him and now the search doesn't work from the address bar. If I search for "Tek-Tips" I get
I researched this in the MSKB w/no joy. I've searched the registry to see if a setting is missing since I uninstalled it. I a key was changed, I can't find it.

I'm eyeing the XP Pro CD... <sigh> ... don't really want to do another reinstall.....

Any ideas?

Thanx.

Robin (RJ) Morey

&quot;From the keyboard, through the server, around the hub and out the router - Nothing but 'Net&quot;​

Tried a little of both.

Thanx to PAndersen I used the IEradicator to completly wipe IE from the system. This little utility is now burnt onto my &quot;Tools n Toys&quot; CD. The readme said it wasn't for XP, and I did see the uninstaller say it couldn't find a couple of files. Other than that it worked fine. I'll have to let the author know.

carrr, The SUn didn't have IE listed... and I'll be honest I didn't have the time to go thru every ClassID to see which one has IE in it. But it's also on my &quot;TnT&quot; CD, cause I did see some things listed that MS says you can't uninstall.

I did put SpyBot on his system, as well as the SpyBot author's recemmendation of the SpywareBlaster. That should keep his system clean.

~~~~

THEN I came home and installed the SpyBot and the SpywareBlaster on my own system. Interesting that SpyBot saw that I already had Ad-Aware installed.

On a final note, I did notice that IE6 is now considered a stand alone installation on his system. Something to keep in mind for the future.

Thanx to both PAndersenn and carrr.

Robin (RJ) Morey

&quot;From the keyboard, through the server, around the hub and out the router - Nothing but 'Net&quot;​

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back