Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Compiling issues on AIX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xitron

MIS
Aug 12, 2002
US
A comment/question for the group: I can compile, install, and configure apache on a Linux box under an hour, even with a slow machine. Compiling ANYthing on an AIX box has always proven to be an exercise in frustration, whether using the "cough up the cash" CC version from IBM or the damn difficult to compile gnu version gcc.

Anybody having great luck with compiling, or are most of you - like me - dependent on IBM's software page or the Bull site?

Hello,
You are on wrong forum. Try c or C++ forum.
Are you trying to compile apache server on AIX. It is not necessary. you can find ibm's version of apache download and install it.

you can go to and then search on C or C++ redbooks that will help with compile on AIX.

Thank you, aixat. Excellent resources, and I'll use them!

And I posted in the AIX forum because I don't have these sorts of problems with C or C++ in general. Not on Solaris, or Linux, or FreeBSD... just on AIX. And all other AIX admins I've known have had similar complaints. I was hoping to obtain a consensus from my fellow AIX admins, hence the decision to post in the AIX forum.

Sorry it seemed off topic. 'Twas not my intent.

Unca Xitron

Thanks, AIXSPadmin. I'll look that direction.

Unca Xitron

When compiling use GNU make utility which can be downloadable from UCLA or bull and use gcc. Sometimes u will face problems if u use AIX own make utility

Thanks aixnusr! I'll give that a try as well.

Unca Xitron

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back