Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

compiling htdig in AIX 5.2

Status
Not open for further replies.

MJGG

Technical User
Apr 15, 2005
ES
hi,
When i try to configure (only --prefix=/app/htdig/) it's show me the next error:
configure: error: To compile ht://Dig, you will need a C++ library. Try installing libstdc++.

This library exist in the system, but it's a new versión, libstdc++ 3.3.2-5 (RPM for AIX 5.2 in and other package exist in the system. I try to modify the LD_LIBRARY_PATH with de path for libstdc++ (/opt/freeware/lib), but the configure don't search here. I try to created in /usr/local/lib symbolic link to the library, but don't find the library.

Then i try to installed this library of the ucla ( this packege are GNU for AIX, but the error persist.

Somebody know where find this library, to modify the code??

Other question.
The firts i try to configure the ht://dig 3.2.0b6/b5, it's correctly (echo $? = 0), but when i try to compile, this show me the next error:

/opt/freeware/lib/gcc-lib/powerpc-ibm-aix5.2.0.0/3.3.2/include/c++/cstdlib:103: error: `
malloc' not declared
/opt/freeware/lib/gcc-lib/powerpc-ibm-aix5.2.0.0/3.3.2/include/c++/cstdlib:109: error: `
realloc' not declared
gmake[1]: *** [Configuration.lo] Error 1
gmake[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/sys/inst.images/soft/htdig/htdig-3.2.0b5/htlib'
gmake: *** [all-recursive] Error 1

I compile with make GNU, with zlib 1.2.1-2, gcc & gcc-c++ 3.3.2-5, libc is in the system aix package (bos.rte.libc). Somebody can help me??
The 'malloc' and 'realloc' exist in the system, but when i configure, show me that checking for GNU libc compatible realloc... No & checking for GNU libc compatible malloc... No

Sorry, i know to resolve this problem. It's parameters in the configure command.
But, i have new problem, this is:

md5.cc: In function `void md5(char*, char*, int, time_t*, bool)':
md5.cc:17: error: `rpl_malloc' undeclared (first use this function)
md5.cc:17: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once for each
function it appears in.)
gmake[1]: *** [md5.lo] Error 1
gmake[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/sys/inst.images/soft/htdig-3.2.0b6/htlib'
gmake: *** [all-recursive] Error 1

I read more and more and more forum's but anybody install hddig in AIX 5.2?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back