Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Compiling C program with Visual C++ 2005 Express Edition?

Status
Not open for further replies.

qjade

Programmer
Jun 7, 2004
US
Hello friends,
It has been over a decade since I have compiled and ran any C program. Please forgive me if my question are rather childish.
I have been given a C program/project to disect and apply improvements to. However, I am unable to compile it correctly even though I am certain that it is a perfectly working one.
I am attempting to compile with MS Visual C++ 2005 Express Edition. Could someone please shine some light into what I am doing wrong with the steps below:
1. Installed MS Visual C++ 2005 Express Edition.
2. Installed Platform SDK
3. Added the three paths (Bin, Include, and Lib)
4. Updated corewin_express.vsprops
5. Commented out lines 441-444 of AppSettings.htm
6. Created New Project from Existing Code

My error that I encountered is as follow:

Compiling...
Command line warning D4002 : ignoring unknown option '/errorReport:prompt'
Command line warning D4024 : unrecognized source file type ' ?/', object file assumed
LINK : fatal error LNK1181: cannot open input file " ?/.obj"
Build log was saved at "file://c:\QsRITS_C1\PROJECTS\CampaignFinance\RaceTrax\Race_sourcecode\Debug\BuildLog.htm"
Qracetrax2 - 1 error(s), 0 warning(s)
========== Build: 0 succeeded, 1 failed, 0 up-to-date, 0 skipped ==========

Any comment would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

You are specifying something on your command line that the compiler doesn't like.

Then it is taking one of your incorrectly specified options as your file name and trying to compile that instead of you .C file.

Could you Post the command line you are using to build your module?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back