Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Compiling C++ code on Sun WorkShop Compiler C++

Status
Not open for further replies.

SameerKhan

Programmer
Apr 8, 2002
US
Has anyone tried to compile C++ code for MQ on a version higher than 4.2.

I am not sure which version I am using .. It could be 9 ..but it is definitely higher than 4.2. The code I wrote links with the MQ libraries if I use the compiler v 4.2

But gives me all sorts of linking errors on a higher version.

any idea if there are some different swithes that I should use.

-thanx
Sameer

OK I found this after lookin around, Hopefully it will help,

If you are using the Sun WorkShop Compiler C++ Version 4.2, use the following switches and libraries:

Switches
CC -mt

Libraries
-limqb23ss -limq{c|s}23ss {-lmqic|-lmqm} -lmqmcs -lmqmzse -lsocket -lnsl -ldl

Notes:

{c|s} denotes that you must enter either 'c' for a client application or 's' for a server application.

Library -lmqm must be linked in with a server application whereas the library -lmqic must be linked in with a client application.
If you are using the Sun WorkShop Compiler C++ Version 5.0, use the following switches and libraries:

Switches
CC -mt

Libraries
-limqb23as -limq{c|s}23as {-lmqic|-lmqm} -lmqmcs -lmqmzse -lsocket -lnsl -ldl

Notes:

{c|s} denotes that you must enter either 'c' for a client application or 's' for a server application.

Library -lmqm must be linked in with a server application whereas the library -lmqic must be linked in with a client application.

-Sameer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back