Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Compiling and killing user from a network... 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

lulo

Programmer
Jan 24, 2001
US
Anybody,
Every time I need to compile I have to rely on a second person to log users off my application so I can make my new changes.
I really don't need this.

I would like to be able get a list of users currently on my application and myself direclty log them off so I can compile.

Any ideas how??
Any comments or Ideas are greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Lulo

Perhaps you could keep track of user information when they go through the login proccess (not sure what that is...). You might be able to store the information in a text file and update it as people log in/out; then when you need to know who to log off, you can parse the text file.
~Melissa

Best way of doing that is to store username in database when he logs in and out.

thank you

None of these answers help me.
But I appreciate your time, thank you for your nice help.

I already have a list of users in my database and I also know who is on and who is off but the user name in my database might not be same as the currently log on name for any given person.
From my application itself can't log off users.
Probably textfile is the answer.
DOES ANYBODY HAS DONE IT USING A TEXT FILE???

Thank you

Lulo

In your next upgrade, design your program look to see if a file exists in a specified directory based upon a timer. If so, it would give the user a message and log them out. The program would not allow a user to log onto the system if this file exists. All you would have to do is place this file where you have specified and wait for the timer to expire. Compile your program and then delete the file when you are finished.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back