Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

compiler for nt based os

Status
Not open for further replies.

nipster

Technical User
Nov 20, 2002
CA
Hi,

Im doing some assembley using the arrow complier but i have to boot into dos everytime and using dos edit isnt as much fun as it sounds, I usually use xp (dont ask) and was wondering if there is a complier that works in xp, i have tried the 8086emu and that did not work with the same code that works with arrow.

Thanks in advance

sorry i know its not called a complier its an assembler.

If you're doing Win32Asm programming, you can prolly work with hutch's MASM32 package, however I think you are probably doing DOS16 asm programming? "Information has a tendency to be free. Which means someone will always tell you something you don't want to know."

Ya i am doing dos 16bit stuff and I guess it has to be done in a dos based environment which is a real pain installing win98 but thanks, too badd ther is no emulator

There's also VMWare, which is also a good product, but it is commercial The weevil of doooooooooom
-The eagle may soar, but the weasel never gets sucked up by a jet engine (Anonymous)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back