Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Compiled Fox2.5b and Win2K

Status
Not open for further replies.

trekker123

Programmer
Jun 6, 2003
US
I have a complied app that runs on some W2K machines and not others. When it doesnt run, it flashed the splash screen, then disappears, having never run. There is planty of memory available. But the same app runs on another Win2K machines. Both are relatively new Dells, desktop doesnt work, a laptop does work.

Have tried the 'PerVMFiles = 225' in system.ini, but no luck. Can't find any threads on DZPATCH. Anyone with ideas?

Switch to 2.6a
DZPATCH is for version 2.6a for use with "fast cpu's"

Rob.

Actually DZPATCH works on all versions of FP Windows (2.5, 2.5b, 2.6, 2.6a), where the "official" US version of the High Speed CPU patch from MS only works on 2.6a.

Are you running a 2.5b FPW or FP DOS app?

Note: "Plenty of memory" may be the problem. Search here for the many discussions of using a MEMLIMIT in your CONFIG.FP(W) file.

Rick

Thanks all. AM using Foxpro for Windows 2.5b. I dont have 2.6a. I applied the IPatchFP and recompiled. Also put CONFIG.FP in the same directory.

CONFIG.FP contains:
TMPFILES=C:\WINNT\TEMP
PROGWORK=C:\WINNT\TEMP
SORTWORK=C:\WINNT\TEMP
MEMLIMIT=80,4096,12288

Still no luck. The splash screen flashed and then disappears.

Have you checked to make sure that that C:\WINNT\TEMP exists, isn't marked Read-Only or System and that this user has RW rights in this directory?

Rick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back