Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Compile problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikem1260

Programmer
Apr 19, 2006
US
Just installed VS.NET 2003 Enterprise Architect. I'm trying to compile a project that was written with ASP.NET Web Matrix. Getting the following error when hitting F5:

Error while trying to run project. Unable to start debugging on the web server. The RPC Server is unavailable.

This is my first work with .NET in about three years, so I'm a little rusty. Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Are you trying to remotely debug an application?

Need help finding an answer?

Try the Search Facility or read FAQ222-2244 on how to get better results.

Start > Run > cmd > net start rpcss

can you start a blank project and see if that works?
have you registered iis with asp.net

Start > Run > cmd > aspnet_regiis -i

Here's all the gory details. Before I came to this company, another programmer wrote this somewhat buggy system and then resigned. I was brought in to fix the bugs, but need to be able to compile my changes on the development environment so that I can see if they worked.

Can build just fine, but when I try to F5, I get the aformentioned error.

Reply to adamroof's post - Did the rpcss - said it's already started. Haven't tried to blank project, but will. How do you register iis or see if it's registered?

system did not recognize aspnet_regiis -i -
'aspnet_regiis' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.

oops...

you have to change dirs to

c:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v<Your Version>\

thats where the aspnet_regiis.exe is

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back